Sunday, December 16, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

I was walking along Kensington Hight Street looking for a present for a friend, and I couldn't think of what to buy.

How about a horse? I stupidly thought to myself, imagining me handing it over to the surprise, and probable annoyance of my friend. The next vehicle to pass me was a large horse carrying truck.*

Surprised by my silly thought's sudden leap into reality, I thought I'd try my luck with something a little more useful.

Sexy bitch who'll love me unconditionally.

Sexy bitch? I pondered. What does that mean? I don't even talk like that. As I debated this, I was stunned and slightly disappointed to see a golden retriever sitting in front of me.

This all reminded me that you really do have to be careful what you wish for. That, and I need to stop using gangster terminology in my thoughts, or I'll end up hanging around with female dogs and perhaps gardening implements usually used for weeding.





*I'm sure there is another term for this equestrian mode of transport, but I can't be bothered to research it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home