Sunday, September 03, 2006

Problems Of A Fruity Nature


Eating fruit and veg is a stressful business. They say you should eat at least five a day. This isn't because you need that amount in one day, this is simply because if you don't, it'll all go off and you'll end up with a bag of mouldy fruit.

Every so often I have an attack of conscience. I just don't feel healthy enough. Got to eat more fruit and veg. So I get straight off to the shops without even stopping to finish my doughnut, and get my sugary hands on some of the fresh, lifesaving, goodness. I bring it all home, squeeze it into my fridge and cupboards, then finish my doughnut. The following day, the enormity of the task ahead becomes only too apparent.

It all goes off at the same time. Mushrooms, they don't last more than a few days. Salad, a couple of days. Melons, it seems like a week before they're ripe, go away for the weekend, and you've blown it.
Bananas? I find it best to eat these on the way home!

This time, I've been determined not to throw any of it away. The last few days I've been having mushrooms and potatoes with every meal. Pouring milk over my potatoes for breakfast yesterday, was no joke.
This morning I had a banana, oranges, strawberries and grapes for breakfast, yet there's still so much to get through.

Tomorrow; strawberries, blueberries, bananas, potatoes, mushrooms , oranges, salad, I'm having the lot! You see if I don't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home